The degree course is spread over a 3 year period and split into 6 semesters.
Broad framework of rules under semester system
- A minimum of 80% attendance in the class shall be the basis to declare a student eligible to fill up the form and appear in the End Term examination. A relaxation of 5% may be considered in case of genuine reasons.
- A deficit in the required percentage of attendance may disqualify a student from the award of scholarship.
- Out of 100 marks in each paper, 30 marks shall be exclusively set aside for Internal Assessment and 70 marks for the End Term examination.
- A student must secure at least 45% marks in each theory paper in the Internal Assessment as well as in the External Examination in order to be declared passed. However, in a given Practical Paper, a student should secure a minimum of 55% marks to be considered passed in that given semester.
- No student shall be allowed to appear in the End Term examination unless he/she secures 45% marks in the Internal Assessment in theory paper. A failed student in the Internal Assessment shall not be eligible to fill up the form for the End Term examination.
- Students of both the Science and Arts streams are advised to consult the apt personnel of the college for further details of the rules and criteria.
- Eligibility norms for admission to the B.A. and the B.Sc. courses shall be regulated in accordance to the rules framed by the college from time to time.